Lead Systems Architect
Current Branch: Anchorage
Branches Worked In: Corporate
At RDI Since: 2011
Starting Position: Systems Engineer
Visit Bear's LinkedIn Profile
- What is the best thing about RDI for you?
- For me, RDI’s great feature is the caliber of the people who work here. I’ve had great co-workers in the past, but they’re well outnumbered by the great co-workers I have at RDI. The corollary is that the company knows its employees are its wealth and works hard to keep me happy.
- What are your roles/responsibilities at RDI (not job title)?
- I’ve been guiding the technical side of RDI Anchorage’s growing IT infrastructure consulting business. In practice this means setting the tone for the quality of technical work that we do, designing complex new systems for our clients, working through difficult problems, and providing mentorship to other members of the team.
- What is your favorite thing about your role?
- That it’s a work in progress. RDI trusts its employees with a lot of autonomy, and it never stops moving. The combination means I’m never standing around waiting for decisions. I’m invested in what I do.
- If you took a year off, what would you do?
- A year means enough time to get lost somewhere: maybe volunteering in northern India or Nepal, with time off to go trekking. Or maybe build our next house.
- What can you not live without?
- Beer, skis, bikes, books, cold weather, and hot water.