Current Branch: Anchorage
At RDI Since: 2002
Starting Position: Technical Writer
- What is the best thing about RDI for you?
- Two of my favorite things: (1) The variety of projects. If you are assigned to a project that is tedious or just not that much fun, you know it will someday be finished (most of the time, anyway), and you’ll move on to something new. However, if you are working on a super-fun project, it will most likely end too. In addition, project diversity allows for more experiences, which, in turn, results in more knowledge and that can never be a bad thing. (2) The flexible schedule: As long as you do your work on time, make your meetings, and, in general, be a responsible employee, you can pretty much choose your hours. Just be sure to let the people you work with (clients, other employees, your Project Manager) know.
- What is your favorite thing about your role?
- I get to meet a lot of people and spread my general good cheer. I can’t help it. I’m one of those happy people and, most of the time, I can’t stay quiet about it. Actually, I’m not a very quiet person at all.
- What is something people don’t know about you/something interesting about you?
- I’m not sure if this is interesting, but I could easily spend the rest of my life living on a boat.